You know you are from Lancaster County PA
- Your idea of Chicken Pot Pie has nothing to do with a
pie and you can't figure out why people might think it would.
- Your driving lessons involved learning to avoid horse
- You know at least 5 euphemisms for animal manure and at
least 4 of them involve food.
- You know how to cook, but not without butter.
- You've ever missed school for the first day of deer
season... but didn't get in trouble.
- You don't understand why people would ever want to see
- The local Post Office used to be a single-family home
and they close between noon and 1 for lunch.
- You do not giggle when you see the following signs:
Lititz, Intercourse, Blue Ball, Bird-in-Hand
- You've heard of 7-11 but you've never seen one.
- You cannot buy beer and wine from the same store.
- You personally know many people with the name: Lapp
Lantz Stoltzfus (or Stoltzfoos) Zimmerman Zook
- Iced Tea for you is sweeter than Pepsi.
- You know someone who repairs gasoline-powered lawn
mowers, but is forbidden to own one.
- You think Fasnacht Day and Groundhog day are national
- You know who James Buchanan was.
- You can pronounce "Ephrata."
- You don't have to be told what Shoo Fly Pie is.
- You know the only way to make good fastnachts is to
cook them in LARD.
- You do things "once," as in, "I'll go check in the back
- You can stop along the road to buy fruit, vegetables or
crafts on the "honor system."
- YOUR turkey has "filling," not "stuffing" and most
certainly NOT "dressing."
- You know that chicken corn soup from a firehouse is the
most perfect food on earth.
- You say things like, "Outen the lights," "I'm calling
off today" and "They're calling for snow."
- You've heard of distelfinks and hex signs.
- You think the roads in any other state are smooth.
- Hearing horses clopping down a paved street doesn't
bring you to the window to see what's going on outside.
- You prefer Hershey's chocolate to Godiva.
- Driving is better in the winter because the potholes
are filled with snow.
- You think the start of deer hunting is a national
- Words like: gumband, buggie, hoagie, chipped beef,
scrapple, actually mean something to you.
- You think Fasnacht Day and Groundhog Day are national
- You've corrected all the errors while watching the
- "Dinner" and "supper" are different concepts entirely.
- Dutch Wonderland is neither Dutch nor much of a
- The Green Dragon ain't no Chinese restaurant.
- You actually get these jokes and forward them to all
your Lancaster County friends.